Online Privacy Notice
Rev March 2017
- Our online services are intended for a U.S. audience. If you visit or use one of our online services, your information may be transferred or processed in the United States.
- If you have a financial product or service with us, we will use and share any information that we collect from or about you in accordance with our Notice of Financial Privacy Rights (Consumer Privacy Notice)
Information We Collect
When you visit or use our online services, we may collect personal information from or about you such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), account numbers, limited location information (, user name and password.
Usage and Other Information
PCBank Mobile Banking
For your convenience, Pacific Commerce Bank offers you the ability to access some of our products and services through mobile applications and mobile-optimized websites (“PCBank Mobile Banking”). When you interact with us through PCBank Mobile Banking, we may collect information such as unique device identifiers for your mobile device, your screen resolution and other device settings, information about your location, and analytical information about how you use your mobile device. We may ask your permission before collecting certain information (such as precise geo-location) through PCBank Mobile Banking.
Additional Sources of Information
Use of Information
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Processing applications and transactions;
- Verifying your identity (such as when you access your account information);
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing your preferences;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services; improving existing products and services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual customers) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Disclosure of Information
Understanding Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies
- “Cookies” are small amounts of data a website can send to a visitor’s web browser. They are often stored on the device you are using to help track your areas of interest. Cookies may also enable us or our service providers and other companies we work with to relate your use of our online services over time to customize your experience. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to decline or delete cookies, but doing so may degrade your experience with our online services.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags or web beacons—which are typically one-pixel, transparent images located on a webpage or in an email or other message—or similar technologies may be used on our sites and in some of our digital communications (such as email or other marketing messages). They may also be used when you are served advertisements or you otherwise interact with advertisements outside of our online services. These are principally used to help recognize users, assess traffic patterns and measure site or campaign engagement.
- Local Shared Objects, sometimes referred to as “flash cookies” may be stored on your hard drive using a media player or other software installed on your device. Local Shared Objects are similar to cookies in terms of their operation, but may not be managed in your browser in the same way.
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect and limit access to personal information. This includes device safeguards and secured files and buildings.
Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information (such as your Social Security number) to us.
Updating Your Information
Keeping your account information up to date is very important. If you cannot change the incorrect information online, or you prefer to request changes offline, please use the “Contact Us” option on our site(s), or call or write to us using the contact information listed on your account statements, records, or other account materials. You can also speak to one of our branch representatives at anyone of our branch offices.